Sunday 29 September 2024

My Passive Income Diary: August 2024

 

If you have yet to read my previous month update, here is the link: https://justbeingernest.blogspot.com/2024/09/my-passive-income-diary-july-2024.html

My Passive Income Sources

For this month, my passive income sources are:

  1. Singapore Savings Bonds (SSBs)
    • These are Singapore government-backed bonds that offer a guaranteed interest rate. 
    • Fully backed by the Singapore Government. You can always get your investment amount back in full with no capital loss.
    • Invest for up to 10 years with interest that increases over time. The longer you save, the higher your return.
    • You can choose to exit your investment in any given month, with no penalties. There is no need to decide on a specific investment period at the start.
    • Click here to know more: https://www.mas.gov.sg/bonds-and-bills/singapore-savings-bonds
  2. Endowus Income Fund
    • Endowus is an evidence-based robo advisor with competitive fees and prices in Singapore.
    • It allows you to invest all three sources of wealth - CPF, SRS and cash. It is the first and only robo-advisor in Singapore to allow you to invest your CPF monies.
    • Their portfolios utilise funds from global fund managers, such as PIMCO and Dimensional, with real, long-term proven track records.
    • Personally I invested in the Endowus Income Portfolios where I receive monthly payouts from the funds.
    • Click here if you are keen to sign up: https://endowus.com/invite?code=QFMWH
  3. Chocolate Finance Cash Management Account
    • Chocolate Finance offers attractive interest rates on your cash deposits, significantly higher than traditional savings accounts.
    • Unlike traditional savings accounts, Chocolate Finance provides daily interest accrual. This means you see your money grow consistently, day by day. 
    • You can withdraw your funds at any time without penalties or restrictions. This gives you flexibility and peace of mind. 
    • There are no hidden fees or complex terms associated with Chocolate Finance. 
    • Your funds are invested in a carefully curated portfolio of short-term bonds, providing a balance of risk and reward while maintaining high levels of security.
    • Click here if you are keen to sign up: https://share.chocolate.app/nxW9/y321ds2r
  4. Dividend ETF and Dividend Stocks
    • Dividend ETF is a basket of dividend-paying stocks, reducing individual stock risk.
    • ETFs typically have lower expense ratios than mutual funds, which means that investors keep more of their investment returns. 
    • This is because ETFs are passively managed, meaning that they track an index rather than actively trying to outperform it.
    • Dividend stocks provide a steady stream of income, which can be especially beneficial for retirees or investors seeking regular cash flow.
    • Personally I am using FSM to hold my dividend stocks and dividend ETF
    • Click here if you are keen to sign up: https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsmone/signup/personal/P0375989
My August 2024 Passive Income


In August 2024, I received the following passive income: 

  1. Singapore Savings Bonds (SSBs): $371.25
  2. Endowus Income Fund: $99.30
  3. Chocolate Finance Cash Management Account: $2.43
  4. Dividend ETF: $430.00
  5. Dividend Stocks: $328.00
Total Passive Income: $1,230.98

What's Next?

I aim to accumulate more passive income and am looking to invest more into dividend stocks in the SG market.

Once I have accumulated a portfolio of SG dividend stocks, then I would look into overseas stock market like Hong Kong and US.

For now, the strategy is to be focused on the SG market first and get 20 dividend paying companies.

My criteria for the dividend stocks at the basic level is that it must have
  1. Track record of at least 5 years of paying dividends
  2. Dividend payout ratio of less than 90%
  3. The company makes consistent or growing revenue and profits
Currently I only have 3 companies in my portfolio and still need to work hard on accumulating more.

Stay tune for more updates! 

By the way, if you are looking for an insurance advisor, I can refer to you the list of insurance advisors that I work with. 

These insurance advisors are people whom I personally have used their service before. 

Feel free to contact me if you want me to refer them to you. 

You can contact me via telegram at https://t.me/Justbeingernest 

And if you are looking to get Travel Insurance, you can compare them here: https://apply.creatory.singsaver.com.sg/click?o=535&a=53 

Or if you are looking to get Credit Cards with sign up rewards, you can compare them here: https://apply.creatory.singsaver.com.sg/click?o=588&a=53

No comments:

Post a Comment