Saturday 30 December 2017

The 2017 JustBeingErnest Annual Review

What a year 2017 has been - Started this blog justbeingernest on 1 Feb 2017, moved to a new job on 11 Sep 2017, Michelle said "Yes!" to becoming my gf on 11 Nov 2017, travelled to Korea on 16 Dec 2017, helped my brother in his proposal on 17 Dec 2017, danced in public in Korea on 17 Dec 2017 and many other stuff...

It has been quite an exciting year for me and ever since I began writing this blog in Feb 2017, I have people coming up to me saying that they have read my blog and this makes me feel touched that someone reads my blog and is heartening to know that my sharing is able to help them in one way or another! Shout out to my cousin "Chung Ean" for being a supporter of this blog and to the fellow readers for your support too!

2017 was a year of being "Uncomfortable" as I pushed myself to do things that were beyond my comfort zone. It was never easy doing stuff that one is not familiar with but only by making oneself uncomfortable can one really know what is one's abilities and limits.

Review for 2017
For the year 2017, besides writing this blog, I have also been doing other stuff such as
  1. SGD Dividend Stocks Investment
  2. USD Stock Options
  3. Alternative Investment
  4. Carousell Buy Sell
  5. Blogging
  6. eBay Dropshipping
  7. Survey/Lucky Draws
  8. Credit Card Hacks
I have to admit that I did not put in much effort into the points above into the second half of the year. It was probably due to the transition into a new job whereby I had steep learning curve to overcome within a short period. Coming from a startup where everything can be done on the laptop and things can be done via the least amount of time, my new job is totally on the opposite end of the spectrum due to the structure and business model. It is definitely challenging in the new job setting and with more responsibilities but I am thankful for the opportunity and support given by my colleagues and bosses. The year 2018 will be helping to develop and optimise processes, automate work and grow the business fast for the company.

Plans for 2018
For 2018, the theme will still be being "Uncomfortable" as I push myself to step up into more leadership role at work. And I will also be trying out new stuff that might be foreign to me which fits the theme. Below is the stuff that I will be doing still and the new stuff that I will be experimenting.
  1. SGD Dividend Stocks Investment
  2. USD Stock Options
  3. Alternative Investment
  4. Carousell Buy Sell
  5. Blogging
  6. eBay Dropshipping
  7. Survey/Lucky Draws
  8. Credit Card Hacks
  9. Facebook Page
  10. Youtube Videos
  11. Instagram
  12. Cryptocurrency
Theme for JustBeingErnest Blog
For the blog, I will also be making some changes to it as well. Currently, the stuff that I post are about reviews of Company's products, Lifestyle, and Personal Finance. For 2018, the content posted will be streamlined as such
  1. Review of Company Products
  2. Personal Finance
I personally feel that removing lifestyle is appropriate since it is overlapping with either company reviews or personal finance. And I will be keeping to a schedule to ensure that I will be writing a post at least once a month.

Closing Words
2017 has been an eventful year and am thankful to have made it to the end of the year. The year 2018 will also be another eventful year as well. And in order to bring about BIG CHANGES in one's life will require BIG ACTIONS. Also just want to say that I am thankful for Michelle as my partner to go through life's journey with me and just wanted to let you know that you made my life so so much fulfilling! And also to you readers for being alongside with me in my journey of JustBeingErnest!


Signing off,
Justbeingernest

No comments:

Post a Comment