Tuesday 27 November 2018

Your Worldwide Local Wallet (Youtrip)

Image Credit: YouTrip
For me when I travel overseas, the main headache that I always face is money. Like how do I ensure that I have enough money to spend when overseas. And how do I also prevent myself from being at risk of my money being stolen since as a tourist, most likely you are walking around with a lot of cash on you. 

Even if I were to bring my credit card along for the trip, I will be totally clueless about the hidden fees that come with using a credit card overseas. I can only look at the credit card bill statement to know what is the final amount I am billed for.

To solve all these frustrations for Singaporeans who travel a lot, YouTrip is the solution that we have been looking for which is a partnership between EZ-Link, You Technologies Group, and Mastercard.

Image Credit: YouTrip

Firstly, it is a multi-currency mobile wallet that allows you to pay offline or online in more than 150 currencies without incurring any currency conversion or transaction fees.

Next, it comes with a contactless Mastercard prepaid card that you can top up money into the card via the YouTrip app using your credit card. No more queuing up at an ATM machine to withdraw money and then queuing up at the money changer to change money. You can "change" money 24/7 anywhere on the YouTrip app.

Moreover, there are no transaction fees involved when converting to various currencies. You get to see what are the exchange rate upfront in the app and the amount you see is the amount it gets converted too. This makes it transparent and upfront on what you are exchanging your currency to.


Another cool feature is that if you lost the card which has money inside, you can easily "lock" the card such that it cannot be used for payment. This is similar to the feature in Ez-Link App which I wrote previously (Be Rewarded for Travelling, Shopping and many more (EZ-Link)) which is seen in YouTrip app as well.


Lastly, you could even make forex gains with it as well. Since you can exchange from one currency to another, if the rates happened to move in your favor, you can make money with YouTrip even though this is not the main reason to use YouTrip. Below is the screenshot of the forex gain that is possible with the app. Do note that you can also make losses as well.


It is currently free for you to sign up for a YouTrip account and to have the Prepaid card. Plus they are giving away free $10 too so go ahead to grab it now. To sign up and get the free $10, simply click on my referral link here (https://youtrip.app.link/WEE%20LEONG6831) to get your account and card asap. Hopefully it arrives in time for you to use on your holiday trip during this holiday period. 

Do go ahead to use the app and let me know what you think about it. I personally feel that it is slick and with the simple interface, anyone should get it quite fast. Are you using YouTrip app currently? Go ahead to comment about it and don't forget to subscribe via email or like our Facebook page for the latest updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment